Monday, February 25, 2019

February

I just realized that I have posted very little this month.  It does seem like this February has been pretty busy, though.  We've boiled some sap and planted some seeds.  Nathaniel pulled the taps from the maple trees yesterday - or actually, he taught Elijah how to do it.  So I just have to boil the remaining sap and store the supplies for next year.  I would have boiled yesterday, but it was crazy windy here, so I couldn't.  I really could have today, but I didn't really think about it.  Sometime this week, it will get done.  Today, I was more interested in clearing out the big freezer, since we are buying 1/3 of a cow and 1/2 of a hog, and all that meat is coming on Saturday.  On the upside, I had a bag of frozen cherries that needed eaten, so I made a pie!  I do so love pie...

No comments:

Post a Comment