Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Seedlings

I've been starting seeds, both in the living room and in the sunroom.
These are in the living room, because it still gets below freezing in the sunroom, and these seedlings wouldn't make it.  On the right are tomatoes, several heirloom types.  On the left are some more tomatoes, some tomatillos, and some peppers which have not yet sprouted.  I'm very pleased with how they are all doing so far.  In the playroom, I have more cold-tolerant plants sprouting, like cabbages, broccoli, kale, and chard.  It is still early for planting seeds, but I am pushing the growing season this way.  I also have peas sprouting in the playroom in large pots, and those should do quite well with the cool weather.

Most of the time, I find Lydia curled up with a book these days.  Since it's been so wet and rainy, she has been inside much more, and she has been devouring books, mostly American Girl and Dear Diary books, but also others, including nonfiction on animals and lots of pioneer stories.  She's read the Little House books twice already this school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment