Friday, March 1, 2019

Book Review - Character Carved in Stone by Pat Williams



Normally, I don't read anything military-related.  I even questioned why I had decided to read this book in the first place, and then I started actually reading it.  It is well-written and so fascinating.  Williams did a great job of compiling inspiring stories of West Point grads throughout history who have personified the 12 virtues of West Point.  This is an excellent treatment for a nation that needs reminding of the value of virtue!  Each chapter focuses on a specific virtue and includes vignettes of soldiers - both past and present - who have lived up to that particular virtue.  Williams also includes practical advice on cultivating virtue in our own lives.  This book is inspiring and informative.  I highly recommend this book. 
I received a copy of this book from the publisher, Revell, for the purpose of writing a review, but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment