Monday, March 4, 2019

Maple Syrup Festival

After Mass on Sunday, we headed to the Maple Syrup Festival.  We didn't make it there last year, and the kids all love it, so even though the weather was not looking favorable, we went anyway.  It turned out to be a great decision, as it was beautiful in the snow, and there were no crowds!

Lydia is serious about candlemaking.

Malachi made a very unique candle.  He, Lydia, and Gyunay all made candles in the kids' barn.

Wow!  You can tell how big Elijah and Malachi have gotten in these pictures!


Nathaniel took additional pictures of the scenery.  You can see the blue tubing running along the creek.  It carries sap.

Then, last night, Nathaniel and I played volleyball.  When I got home, Gyunay had three surprises for me.  I opened the papers and found this:

His siblings didn't even know he had written it, and I had no idea that he could spell "Mom" on his own.  It was a delightful surprise ending to the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment