Monday, August 6, 2012

Chicks are Growing!

Well, the chicks grow and change all the time.  They are hard to photograph, because they don't like to let me get close at all.  

Here Crest is with Sol.  See how Crest has developed brown in its wings and head?


This is one of our two barred rocks.  The kids call them "Zebras".   This is the one with the hurt leg.  It still isn't all better, but she's walking much better now, and I hope it heals completely soon.  My barred rock hens are so docile and easy to get close to.  Actually, Leaf (the Rhode Island Red) is now, too.  All three of those hens will go into "submissive hen" posture, like I'm a rooster, so it's easy to pick them up if need be.  They all come running to meet me for food, too.

I was trying to get a close up of the brown chick.  I'll have to try again.  She's really pretty, with lots of white and brown striping in her wings.  The black one has the least feathers so far, mostly she's still fluff, but some feathers are coming in on her wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment