Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Mini Almond Cheesecakes

Normally, I don't do a lot of baking when it's over 90 degrees, but tomorrow we are going to a church dinner, and I am bringing dessert.  So first, I made chocolate cupcakes, which thrills my kids but not me.  Then I was looking at my mini cherry cheesecake recipe and decided to try a new version.  I love the original version, and they are perfect for get-togethers because you basically have a bite-sized dessert with no utensils needed.  However, the originals have a chocolate crust, and although I don't think there is such a thing as too much chocolate, I thought it might be wise to make a dessert that didn't involve chocolate for those that aren't big chocolate fans.  So then I tweaked the whole recipe, just for fun.  Here is what I did:

First, I mixed 1 1/2 c graham cracker crumbs with 2 T water and 1 stick of butter.  (I do think I could have used a tablespoon or two less of butter.)  I then pressed this mixture into the bottom of my mini-muffin pan:

Next, I mixed together the filling: 
1 package (8oz) cream cheese, softened
1/4 c brown sugar
2 T milk
1 T almond extract
1 egg

Mix it well.  Then spoon some on top of each little crust.  Try to refrain from tasting it too much, because I had just enough to fill the 24 mini muffin cups.  Finally, bake at 325 for 15-18 minutes.  Enjoy!


Note: I think it would be good to have some chopped almonds on top, but I didn't have any.  Also, you will lose a little crust when you get them out of the pan, but not enough to make a difference.  

No comments:

Post a Comment