Tuesday, March 11, 2014

At Peace in the Storm - Book Review

Cover Art

My latest review is for At Peace in the Storm by Ken Gire.  I figured I could use this title, and I was right.  It is a collection of stories, bible verses, and quotes that are pulled together to show the grace of God even when we don't feel that he is near.  This book is not a "how-to," but more of a conversation.  It is uplifting in a rather understated way.  I did enjoy it, and I do think that it offers comfort and reassurance.  I think some of the most moving and inspiring parts of the book were when the author shared his own struggles with his own ADD brain and depression.  I think this book would be best enjoyed by reading it in a leisurely way, to let the stories really have time to sink in before delving into the next one.  I recommend this book to anyone looking for God's peace and reassurance, and really, isn't that everyone?

I received a copy of this book from Bethany House Publishers for the purpose of writing a review, but the views expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment