Friday, March 28, 2014

Spring

It seems that spring is finally starting to break out around here.  The crocuses are blooming, and the daffodils are getting close.  Green leaves are barely poking up where the irises will bloom.  It's exciting to see green peeking out here and there after such a cold winter.

I did plant some spinach and broccoli outside in the garden, although only about 4 plants of each.  The rest are still happily growing in pots in the playroom.  The tomatoes and most of the peppers haven't sprouted yet, but I do have some sheepnose pimento peppers sprouting.  I'm very excited about that.  Outside in large pots on the deck, I have Cincinnati Market radishes sprouting.  The other pot, Radish Sparkle, isn't yet but probably will soon.  I will be starting more seeds soon, and doing a bit more outside planting of cold-tolerant things, but not for at least a week because the kids and I are going to my parents' for spring break!

No comments:

Post a Comment