Sunday, March 23, 2014

Ready for Spring

It's been a busy week here.  Our church preschool's consignment sale always keeps me busy for a week each spring and fall, and this year was no exception.  But now, the sale is over and I have some time to catch my breath.

Last night, we had a campfire and smores in the back yard.  It has gotten quite cold again, and the fire was a great idea.  Nathaniel went over and invited some neighbors to join us, and we had fun as we visited and stayed up too late.  It was really nice, and we'll have to do something like that again.

While it's cold outside, inside the playroom is warm and sunny.  The seedlings look great!
Tiny "fat" carrots are starting to sprout.  The soil is wet here because I just watered before taking the picture.

And below are some of the seedlings I started about a month ago.  At top is broccoli and on bottom is spinach.  They are all looking really healthy.


And right now on the deck, I'm boiling the last of the maple sap.  So far, we've made about 3/4 of a gallon of syrup.  When I get done with this last batch, we should have close to a gallon total.  Nathaniel pulled the spiles out of the trees so they can focus on getting ready for spring.  We are looking forward to tapping again next winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment