Thursday, September 17, 2015

Bikes and a Chicken Spa

Last night, Nathaniel took the training wheels off of Lydia's bike.  She's still not confident, but she did try:
 
Tonight, Nathaniel had to work late, and Lydia did not want to try again, so we'll have to work on it this weekend, maybe.  Gyunay loved watching!
 
Oh, and what do I do on my birthday?


Chicken Spa.  This hen, Brave, has been acting weird.  I think she may be egg-bound, which is not good.  I looked online for treatments.  The creepy ones involve Vaseline and rubber gloves, but they are also not really advised, so I was happy to ignore those.  The only thing that seemed a possibility was to soak her in a very warm "bath". 

She did not enjoy it, so I had to hold her in the water.  I don't know that it did anything other than make her wet and unhappy.  Luckily, she's a really sweet, docile hen, so it wasn't a big deal for me.  I hope she unclogs soon, though, because if she does have an egg stuck and doesn't pass it, she will die.

No comments:

Post a Comment