Friday, September 25, 2015

When it all comes crashing down...

I was in my library* this morning when I heard the sound of crashing glass.  I rushed into the living room, where Gyunay was happily rocking in a recliner.  I could see no glass, or anything out of place.  He was so cute; he got down and started looking under his chair for broken glass!  I checked out the kitchen as well, although I was pretty sure the noise had not come from that direction.  Finally, I went down the hall and quickly discovered the source of the noise:
 
 
 
That is my ceiling fan's glass bowl on the floor of my bedroom. Neither the light nor the fan was on at the time of the crash. 

In an interesting note, the fan still works, but the light does not.  I cleaned up the mess, but now I guess we'll need a new light/fan. 
 
 
 
* For those of you who don't know, we use the house's actual dining room for my library, and for the computer desk.  I have 3 bookshelves full of glorious books in this small room, along with a Hoosier cabinet full of excess kitchen supplies like dried beans, homemade soap and lotion supplies, my chocolate stash, and bottles of Frank's Red Hot so we never run out for Nathaniel.  Of course, the room is also currently cluttered with all of the stuff that will go into the consignment sale next week.  I'd like to say that it will be clean and tidy after all of that is gone, but you all know I'd be lying.  I also have nearly 2 bushels full of apples on the floor, and 18 pints of salsa that I just canned.  The salsa will go downstairs soon (for storage in my laundry room), but the apples will take a bit longer to process.  Plus, there is about 50lbs of flour, and 5 lbs of crystalized ginger, and heaven help me - I need more shelves!

No comments:

Post a Comment