Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Bulgarian Peppers

It's been a rough year for tomatoes, but it's been a great year for peppers.  The Bulgarian peppers in particular have done fantastic this year, and I'm especially excited about that because I grew all of those plants from seed I saved from last year.  I also have a few chocolate bell peppers and sheepnose pimentos. 
All of the produce in this picture is from our garden.  I actually ate 2 Bulgarian peppers before taking this picture.  You can also see the white cucumbers here, which Elijah planted and proudly grew.  The pepper in the middle is a sweet chocolate; the rest are Bulgarian peppers.  In Bulgaria, there are tons of recipes for using these peppers in cooking, but they are so sweet that I often just eat them raw.

No comments:

Post a Comment