Monday, October 19, 2015

Book Review- Love Everlasting by Tracie Peterson

My latest review is of Tracie Peterson's Love Everlasting.   I had a hard time getting into this book.  It is the third in a series of books, and I think it would have been helpful to read the previous two first.  There are many allusions to adventures in the first two books, and the relationships between the characters seemed to already be established in those, and so I found myself missing some real character traits.  I have to admit that Abrianna, the main character, seemed irritating to me on her refrain of not wanting to grow up.  Her beau, Wade, was a character that I preferred.  The bad guy, Welby, was the type of character that one loves to hate.  His pursuit of Abrianna and his dearth of any commendable character traits made him a true villain, but also one-dimensional.  Many of the other characters had cameos, probably to tie up their stories from the previous books.  I usually really enjoy historical fiction, but this one felt a bit flat to me. 

I received this book from the publisher, Bethany House, for the purpose of writing a review, but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment