Thursday, October 15, 2015

Book Review - Vendetta by Lisa Harris



I loved this book.  Often, I am reading several books at once: a historical nonfiction, maybe a parenting or gardening book, a novel or two.  I started this book and forgot about all else.  I finished it in one night (staying up way too late), and I have no regrets for the lack of sleep!  This is the first in a series of suspense novels about Special Agent Nikki Boyd, a young woman who works on the Missing Persons unit in Tennessee.  Working Missing Persons is personal to Nikki; her own sister went missing ten years prior to the story and was never found.  I loved Nikki's character, and her friend Tyler as well.  This story was fast-paced, and the current missing girl's case has some common ground with her sister's cold case, so Nikki is very emotionally invested, both for the missing girl and for any information it could shed on her sister's disappearance.  I won't give away any of the twists, but I was kept very interested throughout the story.  This is a book with lots of action.  The characters had depth, and I thought that the case was realistically portrayed.  Both Nikki and Tyler were dealing with grief and some soul-searching, and I liked that it wasn't sugar-coated.  I think the author has plenty of room to continue to explore the main characters in future books.  I will definitely read the next one.

I received this book from the publisher, Revell, in exchange for my review, but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment