Friday, September 30, 2016

September Harvest Totals

The September harvest wasn't as good as I'd hoped, and again, it was heavy on eggs and cucumbers.  Here are the numbers:

Beans, crescent: 11 cups
Carrots: 2
Cucumbers, white: 59
Cucumbers, Russian pickling: 26
Eggs: 199
Pumpkins: 2 (plus 1 for the chickens)
Tomatillos: 1.25 lbs
Tomatoes (full-sized): 14
Zucchini: 1
Plus cherry tomatoes and herbs (dill, basil, parsley, mint, sage, rosemary, oregano, thyme)

The cucumbers and beans are very close to done.  The tomatillos plants, however, are loaded, and I hope to can some tomatillo salsa in a couple of weeks.  There will be a few more tomatoes.  The peas I planted for fall have sprouted, and some of the radishes.  There are always carrots growing, but some caterpillars have been eating the greens on many of them.  I'm looking forward to harvesting a bit more this fall, and I'm already planning for next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment