Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Crabapple Time

It's been a couple of years since I made crabapple butter, but we have the tree, so it's kinda silly not to.  It is more work than regular apples, and they are super tart, so sugar will be added, but the crabapple butter always tastes so good.  Gyunay and I picked some for half and hour this morning, and now I have them simmering on the stove to get ready to be put through the strainer.  Then I'll cook it down into butter and add spices and brown sugar.

We had our big camping trip family reunion this past weekend (with Nathaniel's side of the family).  

This tree is always a hit with all of the kids.  I hope it lives for 100 more years.

This picture was taken before both kids got plenty wet in the creek by the waterfall.  Luckily, it was a warm, beautiful day, so we let them get wet.  Then we had to get back to camp and change.  The weather was perfect for camping.

No comments:

Post a Comment