Tuesday, April 18, 2017

A baby and more gardening

We were able to finally meet my newest nephew on Saturday:
He's a doll, of course, and we all enjoyed spending time with him and his family.  And he was wearing spiderman, which my kids all enjoyed.  My one-year-old niece loves her uncle Nathaniel so much; she made sure that he was with her all day.  And Lydia and her four-year-old cousin had a good time together.

In the garden, I've been busy.  I planted most of the tomatoes and tomatillos that I had started from seed.  I've even eaten my first radish, and some pak choy and arugula.  It turns out that Gyunay loves to just eat arugula leaves.

I also left one pile of just dirt beside the hugelkultur, where I planted purple Molokai sweet potatoes:


I have some orange sweet potatoes planted, too, in another spot.  I also had ordered some seed potatoes, and I hope they arrive soon so I can plant those as well.

And, of course, it was Easter weekend.  I was received into the Catholic Church at Easter Vigil Saturday night, and then we all attended Mass on Sunday.  So we clean up pretty well, but it's hard to get a decent picture!
Nathaniel actually gave Elijah a hair cut Easter afternoon, so I'll have to get a photo of him up soon showing off his new haircut.  
Happy Easter!



“Do not abandon yourselves to despair. We are the Easter people and hallelujah is our song.”

-          -St John Paul II


No comments:

Post a Comment