Friday, April 28, 2017

Potatoes

We have a really pretty pond area, which includes this fairly useless dock:
But the dock gets full sun most of the day, so I decided to put it to use.  Gyunay helped me plant potatoes in these bags on the dock:

We planted 5 bags of Kennebec white potatoes, and 5 bags of Purple Viking.  The Purple Viking were the kind I planted last year.  I did many things wrong, but we did harvest some potatoes, and they were the best roasted potatoes I've ever eaten, so we are hoping to have a good harvest.  The Kennebec ones are supposed to be good for mashing, which all of the boys will appreciate.  I also planted some fingerling potatoes in the ground (and one more purple viking, because, you know...)  I ordered 1 pound of each type of seed potato, so I have leftovers, but luckily a friend has shown interest in growing them so I won't spend time trying to figure out where to put more potatoes!


No comments:

Post a Comment