Friday, April 14, 2017

Book Review - To the Farthest Shore by Elizabeth Camden



I've read several of Elizabeth Camden's books, and she has yet to disappoint me.  The latest, To the Farthest Shores, is set at the turn of the last century.  Like all of her tales, the historical details are fabulous.  Camden has a gift for placing the reader in another time and place, and I appreciate her diligence in researching.  I really enjoyed learning about the pearl industry, and the glimpses she gave of military intelligence's early start were fascinating.  I would have enjoyed knowing a little more about that side of the story.  Jenny's experience as a civilian nurse on an army base was very interesting as well.  I loved her back story, and her determined character.  I felt like she was a better-developed character than Ryan.  It was easier to get into her head, so to speak.

This story centers on forgiveness, and it is a love story between two flawed but realistic characters.  I highly recommend this book.

I received this book from the publisher, Bethany House, for the purpose of writing a review, but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment