Thursday, May 30, 2013

Red dress

I've been meaning to make Lydia a new peasant-style dress.  She really wanted me to use this red polka dot fabric on a dress for her, so I paired it with the cherry fabric I love, and it turned out pretty well:

I had originally put a casing and elastic in the sleeves, too, but I made the sleeves too short and the elastic too tight, so I changed that.  Lydia prefers it this way, anyway.  I used a large zig-zag stitch on the neckline and hem, and I like the way that looks.  Lydia's been really into wearing dresses lately, so I'm sure this one will get plenty of wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment