Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Book Review - Blood and Bone by Don Hoesel



My latest book to review is Blood and Bone by Don Hoesel.  It's my favorite so far, and I didn't want to put it down.  It has an Indiana-Jones type main character, Jack Hawthorne, and his linguist wife, Espy, who found the bones of the prophet Elisha years ago.  Now their sons have been kidnapped, and Jack and Espy have to find the bones again if they hope to get their sons back.  Naturally, there are various forces trying to keep Jack and Espy from the bones, including the secret society that has guarded them for 3,000 years.

The book is fast-paced and action packed.  This is the third book by the author, and I have to find the first two and read them now. Christian fiction often gets criticized for being either too boring or too preachy, but this book is definitely neither.  I absolutely loved this book, and I highly recommend it.

I received this book from Bethany House Publishing in exchange for writing a review, but the opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment