Thursday, July 25, 2013

Tiny Eggs


This week, at least one of our chicks began laying eggs. We've gotten 3 tiny eggs in 4 days, so we don't know if it is only one pullet that is laying, or 2 or 3.  The egg to the left is Leaf's, so you can get an idea of how tiny they are.  The kids are so excited.  I'm boiling the eggs right now, since they each want to eat a tiny egg.

Also in the kitchen, Nathaniel bought me a new canner:


It's so huge that it dwarfs my stovetop.  I used it to make cinnamon peach jam the other day.  It can fit so many more jars at a time.  I love it.  I can't wait to use it to can salsa.  I can even can quarts in it, which would be nice for applesauce.

We've been super busy this week, with swim lessons in the morning and VBS at night.  I'm in Missions this time.  My kids are disappointed; they prefer me to be in crafts, but that wasn't where I was asked to work this year.  Missions is connected to snack, so I'm helping with that, too.  It's a shame I don't care for most of the snacks.  Or maybe that's a blessing to keep me from eating all night!

No comments:

Post a Comment