Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Garden Progress

I've been planting in the small garden again.  The totals in that area are:
19 tomato plants (I plan to add 2 or 3 more there later.)
14 pepper plants
5 brussel sprouts
12 peas
12 crescent beans
17 broccoli
1 cabbage (Malachi's from school)

That's not too bad, I think.  It's very hot, and I'm tired and under the weather from a respiratory infection, so I quit before I put those last 2 or 3 tomato plants in, but I'm very happy with what I've got so far.  The big garden still needs tilled, and there are tons of things that need planted there, but that will have to wait until this weekend.  In pots on the deck, we have 3 blue corn plants, tomatillos, 2 kinds of radishes, and mint.  All of those are looking very good.  I've still got lots of tomato and pepper plants in the playroom that will be transplanted to the garden.  I also have lettuce, carrots, arrugula, epazote, basil, stevia, and parsely growing in pots in the playroom.  All will eventually have to move outside or something, because the summer heat will get too intense for them in that hot room.  I planted dill and cilantro seeds in the herb garden, and the sage is making a comeback.  On the front porch, marigolds are coming up in a pot.  Nathaniel and Elijah both really love marigolds.  We also have lillies of the valley blooming in the front yard.  They smell heavenly!  I was so happy that they survived the water pipe line fix that happened last fall.  We plan on fixing up the area around them into a pretty flower bed, but we haven't done that yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment