Thursday, June 26, 2014

Book Review - Lone Star Justice by Wayne M. Hoy

Lone Star Justice

I just finished my latest historical romance, and like the last one, this one is set in Texas.  This book involves a young woman, Hannah Lea Gibson, who has been falsely accused of murder.  The Texas Ranger who is sent to arrest her believes in her innocence, but they have to figure out how to prove it - and how to survive until then.

I liked how the young woman character had a lot of spunk.  Hannah was a fun and stubborn young woman, and Jack, the Ranger, was well-drawn also.  I really liked that there was more to the story than just the romance and the need to clear Hannah's name, although I won't give away any details here!  There was plenty of action.  It was also fun to read the historical expressions used throughout the book.  I always get a kick out of old-fashioned slang.

I really enjoyed this book.  I should probably mention that I am a bit biased, since the talented author is my uncle.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment