Sunday, June 15, 2014

Book Review - Stuck Together by Mary Connealy

Stuck Together (Trouble in Texas) (Volume 3)
My latest book to review is Stuck Together, by Mary Connealy.  It is an historical romance set in a small Texas town shortly after the Civil War.  The back of the book described Tina, the pastor's sister, as a crusader wanting to shut down Broken Wheel's saloon, and Vince, the town sheriff, as having a troubled family past.

When I picked this book, I thought it would be more about Tina's desire to shut down the saloon.  I think the back cover is a bit misleading in that, because although that is the start of the book, the majority of the book is not really about her crusade against drinking.  I was also a bit confused in the beginning because there are a lot of characters, and since I had not read the first two books in the series I had a hard time sorting out who was who.  That said, I did really enjoy the characters of Tina and Vince.  I liked the brotherhood between the main male characters as well, and I felt that their background as Civil War soliders and prisioners of war was interesting.  The author did a good job showing the depth of the men's bond and the reasoning behind it.  Honestly, I was more interested in that than the romance aspect of the story.  I do think that anyone interested in this book should probably read the other two books in the series first.

I received this book from the publishers, Bethany House, for the purpose of writing a review, but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment