Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Book Review - Honor Redeemed by Christine Johnson

  Honor Redeemed by Christine Johnson is set in Key West in the 1850s.  I had never read an historical novel set in Key West, so that was a nice change.  This story is the second in a series, but it is a stand-alone novel.  The author deftly weaves issues of race in antebellum Florida into the story in a sympathetic fashion.  In the beginning, I didn't know if I would like David, or the story, but I grew fond of both as the novel progressed.  I generally don't like books where 2 men vie for one woman, but this tale seemed different and not forced.  I enjoyed the novel very much.  The characters are memorable, and their faith and flaws are believable.  There is also plenty of action to keep the story moving forward.

I received this book from the publisher, Revell, for the purpose of writing a review, but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment