Monday, April 29, 2013

Lazy weekend

Nathaniel had to work Saturday, so the kids and I had a pretty lazy weekend.  Lydia discovered the boys' felt boxes, which my sister and brother-in-law made for them several years ago:

Those gave her loads of entertainment.

Also, the chicks finally got brave enough to go outside.  They happily explore the yard now, and they will eat out of our hands.  I'll have to get some more pictures of them some time this week.

I also planted some tomato plants in the garden, the red cherry ones and some hybrid mystery pack I got for free.  I plan on planting more this afternoon.  Nathaniel tilled the big garden for me Friday night, so I'll have lots of area to plant now.

Malachi attended his first sleep-over Saturday night and had a great time.

And wonderful news!  Nathaniel walked the yard with me yesterday and showed me a great place to plant several trees.  I kinda forgot that it is part of our yard.  Anyway, we ordered the "postage stamp orchard" for that spot, which is 6 dwarf fruit trees you can plant on a 10' x 20' space.  It includes a plum tree, a red delicious apple tree, a yellow delicious apple tree, a peach tree, a cherry tree and a pear tree!  And we ordered 2 persimmons and a mulberry, because you know I'm a little crazy about fruit trees, and those can go in the 3 spots I'd been eyeing for plum or peach trees.  I do find myself wondering if next year I can plant a pecan tree....


No comments:

Post a Comment